3/4 c Sugar Cane (All natural surgar cane- can find in bakery ilse)
7 each large Lemons
5 c Water (Not from tap, use ditilled, filtered or spring water to avoid contaminates)
1 Liquid Cup measure
1 Dry Cup Measure
1 Long spoon (for stirring)
1 Juice extractor (or just use a small spoon to help juice the lemon)
1 Water Pitcher
sugar 3/4 cup (use pure sugar cane sugar- heathier option)
water 1 cup (for the simple syrup)
lemon juice 1 cup (about 6 large lemons)
cold water 4 cups (to dilute)
Prep time: 10 minutes
1) Make simple syrup (to improve dillution, can skip step if wanted) by heating the sugar and water in microwave until the sugar is dissolved completely, about 1 minute).
2) While the sugar is dissolving, use a juicer to extract the juice from 6 lemons, enough for one liquid measuring cup of juice (8 ounces)
3) Have adult/ parent slice 1 large lemon into slices for garnish later (can also use to put into water pitcher later)
4) Add the lemon juice, the simple syrup (sugar water) and remaining cold water to a pitcher
5) Adjust by adding more cold water, more or less to the desired strength
(Note: If the lemonade is a little sweet for your taste, add a little more straight lemon juice to it)
6) Refrigerate 30 to 40 minutes until cold
7) Serve with ice and a lemon slice
Yield: 52 ounces / Serves 6 (8 ounce servings)
Once you get this down you are ready to chef it up like Floppy and Chef Frank. Just add your favorite twists like adding mashed stwberries for speckled lemonade or a few fresh mint leaves for a sping taste. Send in your recipe with a picture to Chef Brian and we will feature it on the website and make you a star in our weekly newsletter!
Anyone for a lemonade stand???