- Heat olive oil in a large saute pan on medium high heat.
- Add the onions, garlic and Jalapenos brown them for a minute or two.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and let them cook for a few minutes on medium high until they are somewhat cooked and mushy and some of the moisture has evaporated. It's okay if the tomatoes brown a bit.
- Crack the eggs directly into the pan with the sauce. Add salt.
- Stir the mixture with a spatula to mix in the sauce and to lightly scramble the eggs. Remove from heat when the eggs are cooked to the desired consistency. (Note: If you are using a cast iron pan, remove the eggs from the pan and put into a serving bowl. Otherwise the eggs will continue to cook in the heat of the pan.)
- Sprinkle the eggs with cilantro.
Serve with heated tortillas.